Introduced by: Soolmaz Nourabadi
The 12th International Conference on Developing Real-Life Learning Experiences: Changing Education Paradigms in ASEAN
۹th May 2014
DRLE 2014 will again provide a venue to bring together a wide audience of academics, independent scholars and researchers from around the world to meet and discuss the latest ideas and views in a forum engaging in both respectful dialogue and fruitful debate. It is also our intention to offer the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and building a strong support and network across higher education worldwide.
“Changing Education Paradigms in ASEAN” is our main theme of DRLE 2014. Also, we provide a wide range of the sub-themes as shown below. We are actively seeking research papers and presentations. We look forward to your contributions.
Abstract Submission Due: Jan ۳۱st, 2014
Web address: http://www.inded.kmitl.ac.th/DRLE2014/
International Conference on Human Sciences and Education (ICHE 2014)
The International Conference on Humanities Sciences and Education (ICHE 2014) is an international conference that invites academicians, scholars and researchers, with broad and diverse research interests, from all around the world to meet and exchange the latest ideas and views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue. ICHE 2014 examines the nature of disciplinary and interdisciplinary practices in the study of Humanities Sciences and Education research that arise in the context of theory and ‘real world’ applications of researches.
The ICHE 2014 offers a comprehensive overview of current thinking in the study of Humanities Sciences and Education research, from big picture analyzes to detailed case studies of real world applications of researches and theory. The conference traverses a broad intellectual terrain, from theory, analysis to practical strategies for action.
Submission of abstracts: 15 January, 2014
International Conference on Education, Psychology, and Social Sciences
As demanded by many worldwide scholars, International Conference on Education, Psychology, and Social Sciences (ICEPS 2014) aims to build an international platform that allows interested parties to share and discuss their studies regarding all aspects of social sciences, education and psychology from various perspectives. Prospective authors are welcome to submit their abstract or full papers. The high quality papers will be recommended to sponsored journals for special issues. To enrich the conference, invited speech, industry/campus tour, and other activities are under planning.
Contributed Papers, Abstracts, or Proposals Due: 31 January 2014
Managing Disruptive Classroom Behavior: Strategies For Creating A Safe And Dynamic Learning Environment
Wednesday, January 22 ~ 3:00-4:30 EST OR Thursday, February 27 ~ 1:00-2:30 EST
Whether you’ve been teaching for 20 years or you just started in the profession, there’s always the possibility that you will have a student in your class whose behavior is disruptive. Disruptive classroom behavior not only interferes with teaching and learning, but it can also have a negative impact on classroom civility and the overall enjoyment of the learning experience.
The best classroom management strategy is to prevent disruptions before they occur. Participants of this webinar will learn strategies for creating and sustaining a dynamic learning environment and effective methods for early intervention and managing disruptions when they do occur. We will also explore basic principles related to classroom management and learn a variety of strategies for managing disruptive behavior.
* Develop an overall philosophy of classroom management that promotes learning and creates a safe environment
* Implement effective strategies for creating and sustaining an engaging and respectful learning environment
* Learn strategies for setting the right tone on the first day of class
* Generate a list of practical strategies for redirecting disruptive behaviors
* Learn how to handle side conversations, digital distractions, and inappropriate comments
* Review how to use positive language in a syllabus that sets expectations, policies, and procedures
* Examine the instructorâ€™s role in disruptive student behavior
* Identify when and how to make referrals for student conduct violations
Web address: http://www.innovativeeducators.org/product_p/2077.htm
International Conference on Education and Leadership in Glocalization (ELGIC2014)
۲۱st to 24th May 2014
We’d like to invite educators & researchers to submit education papers or poster presentations on Glocalization & others as admin., teacher, student, curriculum, tech., collaboration, psychology, HRD, ethic, peace, civic ed., health & sports sci.
Educators, researchers and practitioners at all educational levels are invited to submit P-12, higher education specific or general diversity in education papers or poster presentations on the following topics:
- Glocalization and school administration
- Glocalization and teachers
- Glocalization and students
- Glocalization and curriculum development
- Glocalization and new instructional technologies
- Glocalization and future teacher preparation
- Glocalization and educational collaborations
- Glocalization and counseling psychology
- Glocalization and human resources development
- Glocalization and ethics, peace and civic education
- Glocalization and health and sports science
Abstract submission: January 15, 2014
Web address: http://www.psu-mu2014.psu.ac.th/
Practice-Based Education Summit 2014. ‘The promises of university education: Blending, including and integrating for future practice’
۹th to 10th April 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The Summit proposes to explore the promises of university education in global, national and local contexts, and their implications for:
· Blending technologies and experiences
· Including wider participation
· Integrating work and learning
Universities are offering new flexible education opportunities to a wider group of stakeholders through the increasing use of digital technologies and integration of workplace learning programs. With this new directive, universities are promising to cater to an increasingly diverse group of students and professional bodies to ensure graduates are work-ready and employable. However, with the economic and political imperative to produce the future workforce, are we forgetting to educate the next generation for a world worth living in?
Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 27th January 2014
۶th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education 2014
Indian Institute of Management, Indore is hosting the 6th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education 2014 from 8th -11th May 2014. The purpose of the Conference is to sensitize individuals with research interests and promote doctoral research in academic institutions. It is a forum for sharing research work and providing a platform for new initiatives and partnerships. It also provides an opportunity to the participants to interact with experts from educational institutions, industry and research organizations to get a direction for their research work.
Research works are invited for the following areas:
Cash prizes to be won by the participants for the three best papers accepted
First Prize Rs. 25000
Second Prize Rs. 15000
Third Prize Rs 10000
The objectives of the Conference are:
۱٫ To provide a platform for academicians, doctoral students and researchers to present their research work and proposals.
۲٫ A forum for discussion on the best practices in research.
۳٫ An opportunity for research aspirants to explore new avenues in research.
۴٫ Provide an insight on opportunities and applications of research in the industry.
۵٫ Share knowledge on latest trends in management research.
Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 3rd January 2014
I International Asian Congress
The biggest soft sciences and business event in Europe fully dedicated to Asia. The Congress will consist of an academic conference (7 years worth of tradition), business open forum (first time) and cultural events (also first time).
It is our pleasure to invite you to the I-st Asian Congress. The Congress will be
interdisciplinary in nature, yet it will mostly focus on soft sciences. Therefore we will
be happy to receive papers related to any of the topics mentioned below:
– Asian diplomacy;
– Comparison of geopolitical potential of Asian states;
– USA-Asian states relations in the first decade of XXIst century;
– UE-Asian states relations;
– International economic crisis in Asian countries;
– Economy-related politics in Asian countries;
– Asian expansion to global market;
– Market cooperation of Asian and European countries;
– Asian ethics and values – traditional and contemporary;
– Human rights issue from the Asian perspective;
– Social issues in contemporary Asia;
– Inner safety and security of Asian countries;
– Great Powers and Great Power aspirations in Asia;
– Administration and local governments of Asian countries;
We can currently guarantee the above topics to be covered in dedicated English
language panels. Based on the admissions’ character and number, we are also
prepared to hold English panels in other disciplines, such as:
– Media systems and communication,
– Contemporary Art.
Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 31st March 2014
۱st International Conference on Development of Research in Higher Education
۵th to 7th August 2014
The conference will be held every year to make it an ideal platform for expertise to share views and experiences in research and innovation and related areas. Another aim of ICDRHE-2014 is to provide an opportunity for professionals and students from various educational and research fields with cross-disciplinary interests to bridge the knowledge gap, promote research esteem and the evolution of searching methods.
This conference has been established to treat and develop the application of research in universities and higher education, by developing research methods and methodologies and identify the most recent scientific applications for scientific research.
Who want to attend will be able to submit paper/research , workshop or just attendance (submitting paper is not a requirement to attend the conference).
The topics in ICDRHE-2014 include but are not confined to the following areas:
- Research Methodologies
- Academic Research Projects
- Joint research programs
- Research technology in higher education
- Research Centers
- Links between Education and Research
- Research Management
- Collaborative Research
- New Challenges facing research in higher education
- Methods of research design
- Decentralized and survey research
- Research in the educational specialties
- Research in psychological specialties
- Research statistic and research treatment
- Software and research techniques
- Ethics issue in research
- Students and teaching staff exchange programs
- Research assessment tools
- Education, Research and Globalization
- Ongoing research from undergraduates, graduates/postgraduates and professionals Projects
- Other areas of research development.
Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 13th June 2014
International Conference on Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology
۱۶th to 18th May 2014
The International Conference on Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology will take place on May 16 – 18, 2014, at Necmettin Erbakan University in Konya, Turkey. The social and cultural events will be included in the conference program.
The conference will be organized in partnership with the International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science, and Technology (IJEMST).
The aim of the conference is to bring together scholars, students, and administrators from different countries, and to discuss theoretical and practical issues in the fields of information and communication technologies in education, science education and mathematics education.
Your prospective, valuable contributions on this field will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee and the ones approved to be presented will also be published in the Proceedings.
We will be pleased to generate an atmosphere where you can share your expertise, experience, and resources with your colleagues.
Deadline for abstracts/proposals: 14th March 2014